Comedy Movies are something that brings a smile to your face, no matter you are stressed or going through any problem. The script of the Bollywood comedy movies is bound to make you laugh. The content of these films is plotted for family binge-watch. These movies cater to all types of audiences belongs to any age group.
Indian cinema has produced many funniest films since its beginning. We compiled a list of top Hindi Comedy movies from Bollywood history that are worth watching even today. We guarantee you by watching these popular Bollywood Comedy Movies your belly aches begin!
Here you go with the List of Top 50 Best Bollywood Comedy Movies:
- Coolie No.1 (1995) – Govinda starrer this film is one of the famous blockbusters from the ’90s. To get revenge on wealthy Hoshiarchand Choudhary; Pandit Shaadiram Gharjodhe asks Raju ( a coolie) to marry Choudhary’s daughter Malti. Raju married her and the funniest part of truth and lie begins.
- Aunty No.1 (1998) – Gopi dresses up like an aunt to solve the problems of his friends. Doing this act, he faces various hilarious situations where he must avoid two suitors trying to woo him.
- Hera Pheri (2000) – One of the classics, cult comedy movies. A story of three unemployed men who want to sort out their money problems at any level – but when their opportunity arrives, will they know what to do with it?
- Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003) – Munna is a gangster who wants to become a doctor to fulfill his father’s dream. The way he treats the patient and entertains them is full of comedy.
- 3 Idiots (2009) – The movie is based on the life of college friends Rancho, Farhan and Raju. 2 of them revisit their college days and recall the memories of Rancho – who inspired them to think differently even when others call them an idiot. 3 Idiots plot around the academic and family pressure on the trio to succeed. The movie sometimes makes you emotional and sometimes bursts of comic scenes.
- Andaz Apna Apna (1994) – Two slackers (Aamir Khan and Salman Khan) compete to win the heart of an heiress. But their love turn ends up protecting her from crimes. It’s a cult classic comedy movie full of dialogues.
- Garam Masala (2005) – The story of two musketeers who constantly flirt with women. One of them being engaged. Anarchy starts when his fiancé finds out that her to-be groom is cheating on her.
- Dhamaal (2007) – Four lazy friends who are jobless, homeless and broke heard the secret of a hidden treasure from a dying thief. The race to find that mobster’s buried treasure starts.
- Golmaal Fun Unlimited (2006) – The fun starts when four runaway thieves take shelter in a bungalow of a blind couple pretending to be their son and his friends.
- Phir Hera Pheri (2006) – The sequel of the Her Pheri comedy movie which was released in 2000. After rising from poor to riches Baburao, Raju and Shyam are living happily. Still, the greed to make more money has not stopped. To fulfill this Raju initiates a new game with an unknown investor Don.
- Partner (2007) – Salman khan as a ‘Love Guru’ guides other males. He started dating a widowed single mother but was unable to decide due to controversies.
- Welcome (I) (2007) – A guy Rajiv Saini (Akshay Kumar) fall in love with a beautiful girl named Sanjana (Katrina Kaif). The fun and tragic plot starts when Rajiv and his family get to know that Sanjana’s brothers are gangsters.
- Dulhe Raja (1998) – A poor guy Raja opens a small restaurant in front of a five-star hotel. The owner of the hotel Singhania put all his efforts to shut down and vanish his setup. Every attempt made by Singhania to shut down Raja’s business is managed by Raja. The chaos becomes more when Kiran (Singhania’s daughter ) falls in love with Raja which angers Singhania no end.
- Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi (1997) – A loafer (Akshay Kumar) has to impress a rich man to marry her daughter (Juhi Chawla). The plot has twists and unlimited entertainment.
- Ishq (1997) – A comedy plotted around rich and poor. Two wealthy friends, who hate the poor were challenged by their children’s love lives. The war starts between love and money.
- OMG: Oh My God! (2012) – Paresh Rawal as a shopkeeper files a case against God when his shop is destroyed in an earthquake.
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007) – An NRI and his wife returned to India and decides to stay in his ancestral home. They ignore the warnings about ghosts in that house. Later some tragic moments cause him to call a psychiatrist to help solve the mystery.
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) – Sameer, the short-tempered guy leaves his city and re-located to Goa to overcome his past, where he falls in love with Rani. He got a new roommate Sunny, who has some plans of his own.
- No Entry (2005) – A story of trio Kishan, Sunny, and prem. Their life is troubled after their womanizing friend Prem sets them up with a hooker named Bobby. Now starts the game of lies and confusions.
- Masti (2004) – Bored from their married life the three friends Meet, Prem and Amar planned a reunion after three years and decide to have an affair. But they were caught in a murder case as prime suspects.
- Dhol (2007) – To get a rich lifestyle, four lazy friends try to woo a rich girl. All their efforts go wrong after they get embroiled by a notorious criminal.
- Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum (2012) – Two besties, Adi and Sid want to do something big but always run out of luck. A series of confusion and comedy start taking place when they reach Goa.
- Housefull (2010) – A man does all the efforts to find his true love but instead gets caught in a series of lies.
- Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya (2001) – Three housewives struggling with the less income of their husbands, so They decided to step out for the job. Their husbands cross all the limits to stop them. Every scene and dialogue of the movie is full of unlimited fun.
- Chup Chup Ke (2006) – A man saves Jeetu from committing suicide and sells him to a moneylender to repay his debts. Jeetu is forced to act like a man with hearing and speech impairment, resulting in hilarious consequences and drama.
- Hero No. 1 (1997) – A duo of Govinda and Karishma Kapoor. Govinda as a son of an industrialist’s and Karishma as a student tries to convince their families that their love is real.
- Haseena Maan Jaayegi (1999) – Two brothers (Sanjay Dutt, Govinda) separated from their rich father and each other to win the hearts of their dream girls. Watch this movie as a full dose of comedy.
- Bhagam Bhag (2006) – Champak, Bunty and Babla run a theatre group and fly to London to organize a show. They were soon caught in trouble, suspects in a murder they did not commit.
- Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998) – A movie plotted around the double role of Arjun and Pyare Mohan the honest policemen and their look-alike thieves Bade Miyan and Chote Miyan. They commit the crime and creates trouble for policemen.
- Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005) – Rahul and Karan living in Mumbai. They dreaming of living luxurious lives despite their meager salaries. They are kicked out of their apartment for not paying the rent, so they started looking for rich girlfriends.
- Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge? (2010) – What will you do if a long-distance relative comes to your home as a guest and doesn’t want to leave so soon. This happened to the couple Puneet and Munmun when a distant relative comes to their home and interferes in their personal and professional lives.
- Vicky Donor (2012) – Dr. Baldev runs a fertility clinic. He is in search of a healthy sperm donor. He meets Vicky, a handsome young Punjabi boy who becomes the biggest sperm donor for his clinic.
- De Dana Dan (2009) – Two poor friends are in desperate need of money to marry their girlfriends. They make a plan to kidnap a rich woman’s dog for a hefty ransom. But things turn into twists when the dog goes missing.
- Biwi No. 1 (1999) – A housewife gets to know that her husband has an affair with another girl. Thus, her journey to bring him back begins in funny and emotional ways.
- Fukrey (2013) – Four friends Hunny, Choocha, Lali and Zafar want to make easy money so they approached Bholi Punjaban to invest in their plan. Things turned worst when they lose their money, the consequences begin.
- Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001) – Raj is a lawyer who wins many cases by his countless fibs. His son wishes for his father to stop lying. Raj is magically forced to speak the truth, which lands him in trouble.
- Chashme Baddoor (2013) – Seema shifted to Goa after rejecting six marriage proposals brought by her father. She falls in love with her neighbor Sid, the friends of Sid, Jai and Omi fail to impress her they plot to separate the two.
- Delhi Belly (2011) – Tashi, Nitin and Arup, three roommates who are struggling, unwillingly become the target of a ruthless gangster when they misplace his expensive diamonds.
- Desi Boyz (2011) – After losing their jobs two best friends Jignesh and Nikhil have no option but to work as strippers to earn a livelihood. This starts creating trouble in their friendship and love life as well.
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015) – Tanu and Manu decided to end their relationship after 4 years. Manu finds himself attracted to Kusum, a lookalike of his ex-wife. Kusum and Manu are about to marry but later Tanu and Manu realize their feelings about each other and reunited again.
Bollywood Comedy Movies 2017
- Hindi Medium (2017)- Raj and Mita want to educate their daughter Pia from a reputed school. But they find it difficult due to their financial condition, but they do everything to ensure that she gets into the school.
- Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017) – Bitti wants to meet the Author of the Book which changes her life. Her search takes her to a publisher, Chirag, who leads her to believe that the writer is Pritam Vidrohi.
Jolly LLB 2 (2017) – A lawyer cheats a woman to start his own law firm. The woman commits suicide, the lawyer starts to feel guilty and tries to make things right by getting justice for her husband.
Bollywood Comedy Movies 2018
- Badhaai Ho (2018) – A 25-year-old boy Nakul shocked after getting the news of the pregnancy of his mother. His struggle starts to manage his relationship with his girlfriend Renee in such conditions.
Bollywood Comedy Movies 2019
- Good Newwz (2019) – Two married couples looking for medical treatment for successful conceiving. But, they end up in a complicated situation after their doctor makes a blunder.
- Dream Girl (2019) – Karamveer finds a job at a call center where he entertains the callers in a woman’s voice. Due to his sweet-talking, he makes a big fan following but soon gets in trouble with his overzealous clients.
- Chhichhore (2019) – Anirudh, a middle-aged man’s son Raghav tries to commit suicide for being not selected in JEE. Anirudh calls his friends and reminisces his college days with them, who were labelled as losers to motivate his son.
- Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019) – A love triangle full of funny moments. Chintu Tyagi, who is married to Vedika, finds himself attracted to a young fashion designer Tapasya.
- Ujda Chaman (2019) – Chaman has trouble finding a suitable bride due to his bald look. He tries each and every trick and loses all the hopes when an astrologer predicts that he will remain celibate if unmarried till the age of 31.
- Gulabo Sitabo (2020) – Mirza, an old man, wants his tenant Baankey to evict his house. They are always in wars but Baankey is hell-bent on staying.
So whenever you want to watch the Bollywood comedy movies just scroll the above list and choose the one best suits your family.
Subcribe For Latest Updates