Indian legendary batsman Virat Kohli turned 34 on Saturday (November 05). Whatever the format of cricket, any ground in the world or whatever the stature of the opposition bowler, it doesn’t matter to Kohli and he has been scoring runs consistently. This is the reason why he has ruled the world cricket with his batting. Meanwhile, let’s take a look at their statistics and records.
Virat’s overall career is full with records, Cricket fans see the glimpse of Tendulkar in him. Like other cricketers Virat also faced ups and downs in his career, But he always come backs with his enthusiasm. Here are some World Records Virat Kohli Made so far:
Virat Kohli’s International Career
Kohli’s international career is going unbelievable. Kohli made his international debut in the year 2008 through ODI cricket. See how many record he have:
- Virat Kohli scored 12,344 runs in 262 ODIs at an average of 57.68.
- Kohli is the highest run-scorer (3,932) in T20 Internationals. The former Indian captain has scored 8,074 runs in 102 Tests.
- Kohli currently averages around 50 across all three formats (ODIs: 57.68, T20 Internationals: 53.13, Tests: 49.53).
Virat Kohli’s T20 International career
- Most runs in T20 Internationals.
- In a career spanning over a decade, Kohli has scored 3,932 runs in 113 matches at a strike rate of 138.45.
- Meanwhile, he has scored one century and 36 half-centuries. He became the first player to score 3,000 runs in the shortest format of the game.
- Indian captain Rohit Sharma has the second most runs after Kohli, who has scored 3,811 runs.
Viral Kohli’s records in T20 World Cup
- Most runs in T20 World Cup
- Kohli had made a big record in the match played against Bangladesh in the T20 World Cup being played at this time. He became the highest run-scorer in the history of the World Cup.
- Kohli now has 1,065 runs in the T20 World Cup at an average of 88.75.
- Let us tell you that Mahela Jayawardene scored 1,016 runs in 31 innings in the T20 World Cup at an average of 39.07 and a strike rate of 134.74.
Viral Kohli in T20 cricket
- Kohli is the first Indian to score 10,000 runs in T20 cricket
- During the IPL 2021 season, Kohli became the first Indian to complete 10,000 runs in T20 cricket.
- He became the fifth player in the world to achieve this record in T20 cricket after Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Shoaib Malik and David Warner.
- Kohli has scored 11,250 runs in 358 T20Is at an average of 40.90. Apart from him, the Indian who has scored more than 10,000 runs in the shortest format of the game is Rohit Sharma (10,661).
Kohli Has Most double centuries
- Kohli is the Indian with the most double centuries in Tests
- In the year 2019, Kohli scored an unbeaten 254 against South Africa, which is his highest score in Test cricket. This was his seventh double century in Test cricket.
- He has the most number of double centuries among Indian players. After him Virender Sehwag (6) is the second highest double century Indian batsman.
- Kohli is only behind Don Bradman (12), Kumar Sangakkara (11) and Brian Lara (9) in this list.
Most successful Indian captain in Tests
- In Test cricket, Kohli has won 40th out of 68 matches as captain. He is the fourth most Test-winning captain.
- Kohli is only behind Graeme Smith (53), Ricky Ponting (48) and Steve Waugh (41) in terms of Test wins.
- In 2019, Kohli broke the record of Mahendra Singh Dhoni (27 wins) with his 28th win as Test captain.
Viral Kohli’s Career Achievements
- Kohli is the Indian captain with the most test runs
- When it comes to batting in Test cricket, Kohli seems to be way above the rest.
- While captaining India, he has scored 5,864 runs at an unbelievable average of 54.80. During this,
- he has also scored 20 centuries and 18 half-centuries.
- He is the Indian captain with the highest run-scorer in Tests. He is followed by Dhoni in this list, who has scored 3,454 runs as captain.
Viral Kohli’s ODI Records
- Kohli has scored 43 centuries in One Day Internationals. He is the second highest century-scorer in this format after Sachin Tendulkar (49).
- Kohli has scored the most number of centuries in ODIs against West Indies. He is the joint-highest century-scorer against a single team.
- He is the sixth-highest ODI run-scorer (12,344) and the highest ODI run-scorer among active players.
- Kohli scored more than 50 in five consecutive matches in the ODI World Cup played in 2019. He is the only player to have achieved this feat as a captain. Steve Smith of Australia has done this as a player.